CRUSADE is a sharp, personal and contemporary a look at marriage, migration, motherhood and the Middle East. I ask vital political questions, such as:
- If the EDL and Isis hate women so much, why can’t they get along?
- Why does that nightmare mum from the school Parents and Teachers’ Association remind me so strongly of Iraq war era Tony Blair?
- How do you express your far right views on your Tinder profile, in a fresh yet sexy way?
- Why are we surprised by entitled adults when we spoil our kids?
- How much sleep can you miss before you kill your kids?
I started doing stand-up with no experience, on maternity leave, just to get away from the kids. Having now performed to Brexit voters, Tommy Robinson supporters, liberal lefties and entirely Arab Muslin audiences, and been the first woman to perform comedy at Dubai opera house, I’ve heard it all. In CRUSADE I share some of my experiences as a British Lebanese woman comedian, from my fellow Arabs yelling at me to cover up, to the far right activist heckling me as ‘Jihadi Jane’ to the worst of all: Linda, the school gates mum chum who thinks I wear too much makeup.In the last year I have opened for comedian Shappi Korsandi., Jason Mansford and Alan Davies.
CRUSADE will debut at the Gilded Balloon from 2nd – 25th August, except for 12th August. Previews will be on 31st July and 1st August and I’d love to see you there.
- CRUSADE will be at the Gilded Balloon – Turret venue at 4pm on 2nd – 25th August, except 12th August. Previews will be on 31st July and 1st August. Tickets- https://gb.tickets.red61.com/performances.php?eventId=14%3A3161
- Crusade is brought to you by Bound and Gagged http://www.boundandgaggedcomedy.com/bandg-edinburgh-2019.html
- The show’s PRs are Mel Brown at email@example.com, Beth Heath Netherton at firstname.lastname@example.org and Helen O’Brien at email@example.com
- You can watch clips of my performances here and here
- I am represented by Ebdon management who can be contacted on 020 3372 5971
- I am also very happy to be contacted directly at firstname.lastname@example.org